Directions - Project Research

Location Research

It is important for my location to really set the scene, I have learnt from researching Gurinder Chada and Guy Ritchie that location is really important, not only does it show the story you're trying to tell, it can really be used to sell the era.

For example, after watching and researching Gurinder Chada's 'blinded by the light' which is also set in the 70's as is my production, the colour palette used throughout the film tells you exactly what era the film is set in. The use of oranges, yellows and bright colors indicates the 70's era and tone. I really want to ensure I am using this throughout my location/set design as as a viewer myself, I know the impact it has.



I will do this by using a similar colour pallet of yellows, oranges and reds. I will do this with cushions, throws, posters and paintings in the backgrounds of each shot. We will be shooting in a private living room with blank walls, this allows me to really set the scene. I also plan on putting 70's records on the wall. Through researching Dexter Fletcher directing style (the director of Rocket man) it has taught me that you can use Mis En Scene to elaborate on context and meaning. For example you never see Eltons dad hug him which already implies the loss of love between them and the crave for it by Elton.



I plan on doing this within my scene by placing records on the wall as a display. Elton didn't grow up with much money; however, Elton's stepdad prided himself on his record collection, although it may not have been affordable, they had a love for music. I plan on telling this by displaying the records on the wall, it shows their pride having them placed in full view on the wall. As although they may not have money, they do have music.

Mood Board (Colours/Costume)

Below is a moodboard of the costumes I am attempting to create also the colour palette I plan to use and also the type of decor.

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C - AS LIVE - ANALYSIS OF THE STRUCTURE, BRANDING, GRAPHICS AND PRESENTATION METHODS OF STUDIO PRODUCTION RELEVANT TO COMISSIONED PROJECT.

Documentary - CONTENT RESEARCH

Documentary - ANALYSIS OF AN OBSERVATIONAL DOCUMENTARY